Friday, May 13, 2011

It's Here...The Moment You Have All Been Waiting For....

THE GROCERY STORE WORKOUT


Haha, I'm sorry, I just had to. I got my inspiration from my dad when he and I were looking for milk and eggs at Kroger a few weeks ago. I was carrying a half gallon of milk in each hand, and...due to slightly being bored (no offense dad)...and antsy...I decided to start doing upper body exercises. In about 2-3 minutes, I was feeling the burn, and the urge to write about it!
I now present to you, a grocery store workout...huzzah!


Upper Body
Can't choose a product? Do you find yourself standing for minutes at a time trying to decide on a kind of soup or cream cheese (my sister, Bethany!)? Grab some milk or soup cans and do 1-2 sets of 8-10 reps of these exercises!

BICEP CURLS

           
(gotta love those shorts and haircut)

OVERHEAD TRICEP EXTENSIONS (using a can of soup or a 1/2 gallon or gallon of milk!)


OVERHEAD SHOULDER MILITARY PRESS


90 DEGREE STANDING CHEST FLY


     

Abdominals


STANDING PELVIC TILTS
Stuck in a long line? Try these easy pelvic tilts!
(try not to flex your glutes, but instead pull your belly button into your spine while breathing out; and you can use your shopping cart for support!)


(this picture just made my day)


Lower Body
Waiting in line or for someone (mom!) to grab that last little thing that they forgot right as you approach the checkout? Work your lower body doing these simple exercises!

STANDING HAMSTRING CURLS


STANDING HIP FLEXION


STANDING HIP ABDUCTION


STANDING HIP EXTENSION


STANDING CALF RAISES

(I mean, you gotta reach for stuff at some point, right?)



Okay! Now it's your turn to put all of these exercises into good use!

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment