Friday, June 3, 2011

A Correct & Basic Kettlebell Workout

I love kettlebells. It's true. And I love to spread my kettlebell love to all who encounter me. However, I know there are a lot of people that I talk to about kettlebells who always ask me what is an appropriate, basic workout for them, because they are usually beginners.


Beginner/Intermediate Kettlebell Circuit
(gotta love his company, Bring My Sexy Back...oh yeah!)
This video is for those who are just trying out ketllebells or have never done them before.
The double swing is the most basic kettlebell move.
Pay attention to his hips (which create the momentum to get the weight up...do NOT use your upper body to lift the weight up! you will hurt yourself).
Also notice how rarely his knees go past his toes. Be sure to sit back into the squat, to where you can pretty much bring your toes off the floor.



****I recommend you do this entire circuit 3-4 times****



Another great kettlebell circuit for beginner/intermediate:



****again, 3-4 circuits****

Basically, I'm looking for you to do kettlebells for at least 20 minutes. If you do this 2-3 times a week, you're going to achieve great levels of fitness. And you're pants may start to feel a little loose!

Just don't turn into this guy:



Push hard and have fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment