Friday, June 10, 2011

Summertime Activities

Alas, the summertime is upon us. This being said, there is a whole new array of physical activities to do outside that are fun and challenging. Here is a list of some popular exercises (and some of my favorites) that people partake in during the summertime.

Running/Jogging

Although I'm not a big fan of running, I always admire those who can and do run. It's a great form of exercise, cheap, efficient, and convenient.

Tumblr_lkofp2wg321qj6pv1o1_1280_large

Why does running have to be boring? Run like Phoebe from Friends and you'll never get bored!

"Come on! That's not running! Let's gooooo!!!"


Or if you're a distance runner, just think of Forrest.

"From that day on, if I was ever going somewhere, I was running!"

Walking

Walking is more what I'm about. It's easy on the joints, it's fun, and it's convenient. Just don't lolly-gag...throw those 'bows!

Tumblr_lk9nr0zvjr1qzn34eo1_500_large


And remember, if you go for a walk or run, don't forget to take the pup!

Fotos-da-semana-quatro-59_large


Hiking/Camping

Given that I'm such a nature lover and thoroughly enjoy being outdoors, rain or shine, hot or cold, most of you could guess that I LOVE hiking and camping. I love being surrounded by trees and forests, rivers and moutains. And I love hiking either to a campsite or in general, as it provides such an exhilerating cardio workout!


Tumblr_llrr3ftitf1qb6f1po1_500_large



Tumblr_ljtlccvlwd1qgjogco1_500_large

Tumblr_lkmzxhd06o1qj065bo1_500_large

Rock Climbing

Rock climbing and bouldering have both recently become very important and exciting to me. I enjoy either indoor or outdoor climbing. However, it's a good feeling getting outside and climbing up something vertical and massive that is not man-made. And not to mention, the awesome benefits it provides for a little bit of cardio and intense strength training.
If you haven't tried it, maybe this summer is the time for you to have a go at it!

73856_1576240480546_1071606755_1559803_4932020_n_large





Swimming

Since I can remember, I have always loved swimming. I swam competitively in high school (instead of contact sports because I have no hand/eye coordination), and continue to swim today due to its low-impact effect on my joints and its soothing, yet full body workout.


Tumblr_lktk8vend21qh5q5qo1_500_large


Tumblr_ljvh6prkhi1qcejiio1_500_large

Other outdoor water sports, such as surfing, wake-boarding, and skiing are also great forms of exercise!

Tumblr_ljzpv0sb4l1qdbt7zo1_500_large


20090302012917

Biking

I used to not be a very big biking fan. I don't like indoor cycling very much, nor do I like to bike for long periods of time outside (cough...I have a tender backside....cough). However, it is nice to have a bike and to use it now and then. I have just completely revamped this old bike that my dad got at a thrift store for $10 into an awesome classic road bike. Now I have no excuse to not bike around these days! Guess I gotta get padded shorts now.

12936262433229_large

Biking is also really great because of the variety of ways to bike and different kinds of bikes.

Mountain Bike/Biking

Tumblr_lcq3w3qnvf1qakijdo1_500_large

Road Bike/Biking

Tk_096-989c68e4_large

BMX/Competition

Tumblr_llakhytv6r1qci01do1_500_large

Transportation/Leisure

Tumblr_lm4evgx48d1qcoda9o1_500_large


5676443518_d562d59b2f_large

Tumblr_ldg2lxqpkv1qaixy7o1_500_large



Now it's your turn!
What do you like to do when it comes to physical activity in the summertime?


No comments:

Post a Comment